Music therapy is an evidence-based, allied health profession that uses music as the therapeutic medium to address non-musical goals and to restore, maintain or improve functioning and quality of life.
The music therapist assesses emotional wellbeing, physical health, social functioning, communication abilities and cognitive skills and designs music sessions based on individual or group needs.
What are the Benefits of Music Therapy?
- Positive changes in mood and emotional states
- Sense of control over life through successful experiences in therapy
- Increased awareness of self and others
- Anxiety and stress reduction
- Non-pharmacological management of pain and discomfort
- Enhanced social and communication skills
- Elicited interest even when other approaches are ineffective
…and much more!
Who Benefits from Music Therapy?
Individuals of all ages and abilities who need support with:
- Emotional & Mental Health
- Gross & Fine Motor Skills
- Speech & Communication
- Relaxation & Stress Management
- Spiritual Well-being
- Pain Management & Coping Skills
Examples of Therapeutic Experiences Include:
- Receptive Music
- Lyric Analysis
- Instrument Play
- Adaptive Music Lessons
- Music and Movement
- Sleep Induction
- Music Assisted Relaxation
- Musical and Verbal Processing
- and much more!
Singing Tree offers individual, group and family sessions to suit your individual needs. Please contact me today about your free consultation session!
If you have any questions about how Music Therapy can help you or a loved one, don’t hesitate to contact us. We are happy to connect with you.
Keeley St.Clair, MT-BC | SingingTreeMusicTherapy@gmail.com | 541-520-1477